The 2023 Impact Report is here!
You are helping college-going foster youth in Los Angeles prepare for meaningful careers. You’ve accomplished a lot this past year! We are so excited to share Ready to Succeed’s 2023 Impact Report with you.
As you read, please keep in mind that you have been the driving force behind these successes. Thank you for continuing to uplift former foster youth and first-generation college students.
This year’s report Building Meaningful Careers: Seasons of Success will take you through each stage of an RTS Scholar’s journey, from joining RTS, to internships to graduation. Not only that, you’ll get to know some wonderful alumni, current Scholars and new Scholars. Each of them has a unique story and experience, but they all have at least one thing in common: your belief in their potential has already changed their lives.
Meet the Scholars
- Georgette grew up in foster care, and returned to college later in life because she felt like she could do more to make the world a better place.
- Ajani is a junior at UC Santa Barbara. He’s the first person is his family to go to college, and says that he didn’t have anyone to show him the way or model career success.
- Sherrie recently graduated from college, but didn’t have the career experience she needed. A summer internship turned things around for her.
- Alberto needed a mentor to push him toward success. His internship experience turned into his first real job.
- Jae was scared he would be homeless after college graduation. Now, he’s a mentor to others.
Seasons of Success
Because of you, in 2023, RTS Scholars achieved great things, built strong relationships, and unlocked the promise of a brighter future. In fact, this report doesn’t just chronicle our achievements; it celebrates the spirit of RTS Scholars and the promising future we’re collectively forging.
As you explore the pages of Building Meaningful Careers: Seasons of Success, it becomes clear that the future holds immense promise for RTS scholars. But, the remarkable journeys showcased in this report are just the beginning. With your continued support and the determination of RTS Scholars, we’re excited for the many more seasons of success that lie ahead.
Thank you for championing the potential of former foster youth in Los Angeles and beyond.